There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The Planning Implementation group is responsible to develop and deliver the embedded solution for autonomous drive planning algorithms, which will power GM’s next-generation commercial autonomous vehicles.
We are looking for a C++ Developer that will design, implement and deploy decision making software stack for autonomous drive planning to our target platform.
The position will include:
- Implement advanced AV planning algorithms in C++ based on algorithms developed in Python, that include advanced learning algorithms such as reinforcement learning.
- Perform design and analysis on changes.
- Develop and optimize latency sensitive pipelines.
- Analyze software defects; determine root cause, create software solution, test and verify closure.
- Work with teams from multiple groups to meet project milestones.
Additional Job Description
- B.Sc/M.Sc in one of computer science, electrical/computer engineering or equivalent
- Over 3 years of development in C++ programming in embedded platforms
- Experience in all phases of end-to-end development from requirements and design till product deployment
- Experience in algorithms implementation in C++
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning concepts - Advantage
- Experience in robotics / autonomous SW stack - Advantage
- Experience developing in Python - Advantage