Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
- Are you interested in a dynamic working environment where you are constantly presented with new challenges?
- Do you enjoy fast-paced problem solving? Would you like to see how our customers apply our products to solve their complex business problems?
- If the opportunity to resolve real-world customer problems in the world's most important software products is exciting to you, then come join us. You are guaranteed never to be bored!
- The Sustaining Engineering organization is considered the go-to team for all aspects of product maintenance at Oracle, however it is best known for diagnosis and resolution of bugs in just about all of the Oracle Server Technologies product areas.
- Sustaining Engineering work environment is very technically challenging: you need to understand complex code very quickly and be able to conceptualize the interaction of software components in a stack. You need to have a strong focus on customer satisfaction. We're looking for people who are fast learners,highly motivated, and have great communications skills.
In this role, you are expected to be able to:
- Resolve problems/bugs across the whole product stack
- Perform complex assignments with minimal guidance and review
- Actively prioritize bugs and multi-task on multiple escalated bugs
- Have excellent domain knowledge (practical and theory) and be recognized as an expert in one or more system components/areas/platforms
- Work on escalations, P1 level bugs independently and participate in technical interactions with support / customers
- Participate in small feature enhancements
- Take feature/design through software life cycle to release of robust, high-quality, production code
- BE/ME degree in Computer Science or an equivalent area
- 7+ Years of Software development & Maintenance experience
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Excellent in C programming
- Excellent knowledge of Data Structures and algorithms
- Excellent knowledge of Operating System fundamentals
- Excellent debugging skills (gdb, windbg etc)
- Working experience in Enterprise level software
- Knowledge of Cloud environment
- Knowledge of Oracle Database
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management System
Responsibilities & common tasks
- Analyze,troubleshoot and debug software programs and operating systems
- Assist with building enhancements and implementation of new functionality within existing software
- Work closely with other peers in development and support to further improve the product quality and overall
- Assist with hiring top talent
- Mentor new Engineers in the team and assist them in their ramp-up process
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.