As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Are you a highly detailed person who’s not afraid of digging into the data and problem-solving? Ericsson is this place, and we have a great opportunity for you in a fast-paced, highly collaborative technical environment!
We are looking for several Algorithm designers to join PDU Radio Common Radio Module organization in Ottawa. You will work with a wide network of designers, specialists and researchers across the global radio development organization in solving sophisticated technical challenges and develop innovative new technologies for our world-leading multi-standard Radio Products.
The right person should understand the big picture, has a detailed drive, and a pragmatic way of dealing with all types of challenges.
- Develop and implement efficient Algorithms for areas such as Digital Pre-distortion (DPD), Down Link Linearization, Crest Factor Reduction (CFR), Passive Inter-Modulation (PIM), Antenna Calibration, Machine Learning, and Radio Beamforming
- Develop Simulation strategies and methodologies and follow through Execution
- Setup Prototype software and hardware testbeds, systems, and environments
- Execute HW/SW tests in lab environment and capture data for analysis with radio hardware and software designers
- Perform data and result analysis by extracting relevant content from test results and data log files
Initiate continuous improvements of products and processes and develop competence in radio technical domain
- Participate in systemization (requirements decomposition) of new radio products into lower-level design blocks
- Assist in formal documentation of requirements and traceability and fixing and solving product issues
- Participate in product/process reviews with other members of the team
To Be Successful In The Role, You Must Have:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. Preference would be given to applicants with a Ph.D. degree and 5 - 10 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability and understanding of algorithm development, in one or more of the following areas: Digital Pre-distortion (DPD), Down Link Linearization, Crest Factor Reduction (CFR), MIMO and Radio Beamforming, PIM and Antenna Calibration, Machine Learning
- Experience with the 4G/5G Physical layer processing.
- Experience in C and C++ programming languages, object-oriented design and scripting languages such as Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, and MATLAB
- Good understanding of signal processing, digital and analog HW design, SW design methodology, VLSI architecture
- Experience in FPGA design, DSP software development, and High-Level Synthesis methodology and tools for algorithm implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.