What You'll Do
Software Engineers in Support Engineering in Dynamic Languages are responsible for diagnosing and solving complex issues in large-scale multi-tiered applications with agents using our C++ SDK. Examples of the third party agents written using our SDK are SAP, IIB, and CIC.
- Help customers and partners instrument, monitor, and debug their large multi-tiered complex applications.
- Approach each new project as a mentoring opportunity, assigning tasks and achievements appropriate to team members & skill set
- Write sample applications in all the available Node.js, PHP, Python, and GoLang stacks; learn new stacks and technologies and apply our instrumentation to these applications.
- Work on product bug fixes and feature development around customer related enhancements/issues.
- Replicate customer environments and work to identify & fix the root cause or provide interim workaround as needed.
- Provide advanced technical support and work with customers to solve complex issues with the product in their environment.
- Build internal and customer-facing Tools and extensions.
Identify product bugs and improvements based on customer environments and work to close them
Who You'll Work With
You will become a part of a standout technical team that cares about helping and contributing our clients to operate our software and successfully improve their return on investment.
We collaborate with the software engineering and Ops infrastructure teams of the largest companies in the world, and we are considered as a vital partner and extension to their internal teams.
Who You Are
- A software engineer, QA engineer, DevOps engineer, SRE, or code-writing sysadmin with a strong drive to build new skills, work with state-of-art technologies, and be a champion for quality software.
- 7+ years of in-depth software development and maintenance experience in C++ & C development and at least one of the following languages: Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby, GoLang with extensive debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience using debugging and tracing tools to identify issues in our SDK or the customer/partners use of our SDK.
- Knowledge of various container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Pivotal, etc
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Broad experience with open source web application frameworks.
- Good knowledge of web protocols, formats, and server environments.
- Solid understanding of Unix / Linux environments, with scripting in bash, Perl or Python.
- Excellent attention to detail, specification, and ability to troubleshoot/fix complex problems in customer environment and with customer-facing integrity
- Experience in distributed and hybrid cloud application architectures (Azure, AWS, Cloud Foundry) would be a benefit
Why AppDynamics (Cisco)
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company that is part of Cisco. With AppDynamics, our customers have real-time insights into application and business performance and user behavior, so they can move faster in an increasingly complex, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale and in production which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.