- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Experience architecting and developing large-scale distributed systems design.
- Experience working with one or more from the following: Infrastructure, Cloud, Embedded Systems, Security, and Privacy.
- Ability to lead technically in a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Ability to collaborate with many teams and stakeholders across and outside the organization.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Lead designs of software components, systems, and features.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
- Architect and develop solutions to ambiguous problems.