Cisco is market leader in security products and technologies that includes ASA Firewall, Next Gen Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Sensor, Email and Web Security Appliances. Cisco's Security Business currently at 2 Billion USD revenue annually from its products and services is growing at fast pace. Security Business Group (SBG) of Cisco Systems (India) is looking to hire experienced engineers and Technical Leaders for the Security Services Platform Development Team.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for developing new platforms and platform capabilities for Next Generation Security Platforms for Cisco, a market leader in security products and technologies.
- Work closely with developers and product management teams at various stages such as product starting from idea conceptualization till delivering it to customer
- Extremely motivated Lead and passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude
- Develop large scale systems that run complex code in high bandwidth environments
- Strong communication skills, teamwork and a confirmed ability to handle challenging high priority tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects in components that range from kernel modules to applications
- Work closely with a cross functional team and drive/collaborate with other technical leaders/software engineers on system/functional design and architecture of new features
- Mentor and provide technical guidance and leadership to the engineers
- Write specification documents and drive sign-off
- Review and sign off on requirements documents
- Dedication to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures
- Present technical concepts/solution to internal and external stakeholders
Who You'll Work With
You will work with the young, energetic & dynamic security development team. You will also have to closely work with the TME's/ PM's to define strategies for the further products. Cisco is changing the way we work, live, play, and learn.
Who You Are
- MSEE/CS with 5+ to 16+ years of experience in a software development position, or BSEE/CS with 6+ to 20+ years of experience in a software development position.
- Solid knowledge of CPU architectures
- Experienced with board Bring-up, writing and debugging device drivers
- Fluency in day-to-day Development & Designing (Architectural designing) on Linux OS environment
- Deep understanding of Linux and network resource management
- Experience with CPU/Memory Management/IO and Virtualization technologies
- Strong OS fundamentals, data-path & understanding of performance/space tradeoffs on distributed platforms.
- Solid networking (TCP/IP, Layer 2) knowledge is a requirement
- Strong Programming skills in C/C++, Python, and shell scripts.
- Strong problem solving skills and debugging the failures to root cause
- Should have a solid understanding of SW quality and processes.
Highly Desired skills:
- Experience with DPDK library, Data Acquisition (DAQ) library and Vector packet Processing (VPP)
- Experience with Intel Quick Assist Technology (QAT)
- Experience with Crypto functionalities, TLS/SSL
- Data-path throughput enhancement experience
- Experience with peripheral interfaces (USB, I2C, SPI, high-speed serial I/F’s)
- Experience with working on Open-stack deployment and debugging is a big plus
- Familiarity or hands-on experience with Dockers or other container services is a big plus
- Knowledge of Security Technologies - Firewalls, IPS and Web security.
- Cisco product and NXOS, IOS knowledge is helpful.
- Device driver and kernel module development.
- Agile software development experience.