As an engineer on the vehicle software team, you will design, develop and test software that is used to control SpaceX flight systems. You will engage with other SpaceX software and hardware engineers to discover the needs of the mission and code highly reliable software that turns the mission into a reality. You will be responsible for the complete life cycle of the software you create, from development to testing to operation during a mission.
Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on a super inspiring mission.
- Develop highly reliable autonomous software systems
- Design and implement fault detection and mitigation in software
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Own all aspects of software development, including design, testing, and mission integration
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline OR 2+ years of experience in software development
- Development experience in C/C++
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong software design and development skills
- Working knowledge of control theory
- Experience designing fault tolerant software
- Thorough knowledge of computer architecture and networks
- Knowledge of physics, math, and electronics
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization and unit testing
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.