Sony Electronics, Inc. look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The Image Sensor Design Center (ISDC) in Sony Electronics currently has an opening for a senior Algorithm Engineer in their San Jose, CA location. The position is part of an advanced technology team which is enabling the next generation of imaging. The successful candidate will bring the deep knowledge and proven experience in image processing to yield the highest quality of sensor based image processing systems. The position will include work on image sensors, image processing systems, and Deep Neural Network algorithms, which include phases such as gathering requirements, writing specifications, developing advanced algorithms, implementing it in software, delivering working systems as needed. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with international teams, and establishing strong, cohesive relationships.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Signal Processing, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent field.
- At least 3-5 years of professional working experience in the design of algorithms for complex machines incorporating image sensors.
- Proficiency in programming in C/C++.
- Design complex image processing algorithms such as ToF signal processing or neural network algorithms, perform simulations and evaluation of image processing systems.
- Experience in image processing algorithms related to digital video and camera applications.
- Implementation of image processing algorithms in a high-level language. Experience in python and/or MATLAB is a plus.
- Work with cross functional teams such as hardware system design and / or VLSI circuit design to deliver solutions for next generation imaging systems.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess good communication and writing skills. A strong team player who is proactive. adaptable and be able to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels within the organization.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally if needed.
Desirable responsibilities and experience include, but are not limited to:
- Experience in image sensors and optics.
- Experience with data collecting, writing, training, testing neural network models with one or more deep learning models (e.g.: Tensorflow, Pytorch, Caffe, etc.)
- Experience in efficient machine learning model/architecture design (e.g.: MobileNet etc.)
- Hands-on experience with various neural network optimization methods (e.g.: pruning, quantization, etc.) and evaluation.
- Hands-on experience in signal processing algorithm implementation, debugging in embedded system.
- Experience with debugging tools such as Logic Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers and Oscilloscopes is an added advantage.
- Experience with SoC/FPGA based real time embedded firmware development.
- Linux application and kernel driver development.
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.