There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
About the group:
The Perception Embedded Software group is responsible for developing and delivering the production solution for perception software stack, which is a fundamental building block in GM's next generation commercial autonomous vehicle.
We are looking for a talented software C++ engineer, that will design implement and deliver perception software stack to our cutting edge target platform, which consist of embedded cores, DSP's and dedicated CV/AI accelerators.
What will you do?
- You'll be Responsible for implementing and deploying advanced AV algorithms to our target platform, in the field of Computer Vision and AI, tailored to our dedicated accelerators, DSP's and embedded CPU cores.
- Develop and optimize latency sensitive pipelines.
- Meet hard real time constrains, in a challenging memory/compute bound framework.
- B.Sc/M.Sc in one of computer science, electrical/computer engineering or equivalent
- Over 3 years of experience in C++ programming in real time embedded platforms
- Proven experience implementing embedded algorithms on a real time system
- Familiarity with Computer Vision Algorithms and/or Deep Learning concepts
- Experience working with DSP's, Accelerators and proprietary
Bonus Skills :
- Experience in robotics / autonomous SW stack
- Experience developing in Python
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.