Self Driving Vehicle Security Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania / San Francisco, California, USA
13 Oct 2020
About the Role
The Vehicle Security team is looking for candidates who are passionate about building security technology for the future of ground transportation, and working to define what a secure self-driving vehicle is. You should be comfortable working within a fluid technology stack and being able to execute at the micro while affecting the macro-level.
We are predominately a vehicle software engineering team focused on security frameworks, but we also partner with non-engineering teams across the organization to drive secure design and policies for ATG, and use cybersecurity to assert safety controls. Our team also collaborates across the organization helping create resolutions or proposals to regulatory conflicts.
Team members act as security domain experts and developers while also performing security assessments, and reviewing and contributing to new vehicle hardware and software components.
- Experience working in a company with multiple sites and remote workers
- Academic qualification(s) in Engineering, Security or Computer Science
- Experience developing, delivering and maintaining production software
- Comfortable reviewing diverse codebases for security development practices
- Experience developing large projects using recent versions of C++
- Comfortable operating in a Unix environment
- Experience developing large projects with C or GoLang
- Experience managing and interacting services hosted within Cloud Services
- Experience working in a multi-datacenter and distributed corporate environment
- Experience taking on complex problems that span multiple systems and teams with impactful results
- Proven self starter capable of taking an idea through design and development to implementation
- Comfortable delivering results within rapidly evolving environments
- Familiarity with automotive or aviation industry processes and terms
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.