The Device Ecosystem Engineering (DEE) team delivers Netflix on hundreds of millions of partner devices from smart TV’s to MVPD Set Top Boxes to streaming sticks. The team collaborates with partners across the globe to deliver the Netflix Streaming Client on their devices, which is a core part of the Netflix experience.
We want to delight our customers with a service that just works, always. This requires our engineers to be involved with SoC, device drivers, and the fundamental system architecture. We are looking for an experienced, talented software engineer to ensure we repeatedly deliver a world-class highly reliable Netflix solution. Our partner devices run a diverse set of operating systems including other 3rd party technologies with multiple stakeholder companies spread around the world, making the scaling of the Netflix solution a unique challenge. We continue to drive forward the state of the art for streaming device product experiences, globally, through the use of our partnerships including Sky, Free, Orange, Deutsche Telekom, Canal+, among many others.
We are expanding our engineering team in Netflix's Amsterdam office. In this role, you will take ownership of enabling and certifying the Netflix application on the products of our EMEA partners. You will help our partners review SoC choices, driver compatibilities, 3rd party technologies, and Netflix feature feasibility to integrate the Netflix SDK at the highest quality. The functionality of Netflix certified products include streaming and playback, standards driven graphics, dynamic UI, payments, security, and other innovative partner-specific adaptations. You will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of engineers, both at Netflix and at our Partners to tackle a wide variety of problems. You will also be responsible for white box or code based testing with data driven validation using both general purpose embedded tools as well as specialized Netflix tools. You will get an opportunity to experience the full software stack, all the way from device silicon to the Netflix service, and push the limits on quality.
Netflix is a native application and we strive to deliver the best UX to our users, with a focus on continuously getting better by practicing and advocating modern software development lifecycle practices.
Our culture is a bit unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix at https://jobs.netflix.com/life-at-netflix
To learn more about our teams, feel free to listen to this podcast.
- Help integrate, deploy, certify, and improve Netflix ready devices over the entire device lifecycle using Netflix tools and data.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables over multiple partner engagements.
- Build and maintain our engineering relationships with Netflix partners. Ability and willingness to travel to Netflix’s Los Gatos, CA headquarters, as well as regular regional EMEA partners when required.
- BS or MS degree in any disciplines of Computing or Electrical, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong embedded system knowledge. Experience integrating and certifying applications into complex embedded platforms.
- Demonstrated history or passion for quality and device data impacting user experience.
- Demonstrated history and passion for cross-functional collaboration in pursuit of continuous improvement. Experience working with external partners is a plus.
- Experience developing applications with a focus on network and audio/video.
- Experience building and deploying applications with RESTful APIs and using cloud based tools such as dockers/containers, AWS.
- Strong data retrieval and analysis skills.