Kitware is seeking a builds systems engineer for the Scientific Computing Team at our headquarters in Clifton Park New York near the state’s capital. This position offers an opportunity to support a wide variety of computational platforms including Mac, Linux and Windows systems as well as Cloud and supercomputer HPC systems. Through this position you will work alongside our talented software developers.
About the Job: We are looking for talented individuals who will support the software process needs of the Scientific Computing team.
In This Position You Will
- Maintain and expand build architectures for leading-edge scientific software including VTK, ParaView, CMB, etc. using the CMake build system.
- Use, expand and develop new testing workflows using GitLab and GitHub
- Work on the next generation supercomputers to deploy and test scientific software
- Highly proficient in CMake
- Experience building on/supporting multiple platforms (Mac, Linux, Windows, Cloud, HPC, etc..)
- Experience setting up continuous integration workflows
- Familiarity with C++
- Ability to work with teams of developers
Nice to have
- Experience with containers and provisioning
- Exposure to scientific or engineering problem areas
What It’s Like to Work Here
We look for and hire employees with a strong passion for problem solving. Our development teams practice agile methodologies and we pride ourselves on having an accountability-based management style meaning that the communication channel with your team lead is open and that project management is done in a collaborative manner. Developers are encouraged to offer their opinions. Teams vary from small to mid-sized and tend to be close-knit. Developers are provided with a yearly equipment budget to meet their computational needs.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, uniformed service member status, genetic pre-disposition to any condition, physical or non-physical disability or any other characteristics protected by law.