Are you excited by remote filesystem access for tens of thousands of clients
that provides low latency, high throughput, and high availability?
The Avere team in Azure Storage is chartered with providing such access in many
challenging configurations. Clients can be located on premises or in the cloud.
Storage can be located on premises or in the cloud. Clients and Storage may be separated by a high latency network link.
The Avere team is looking for talented developers that can design, implement, and test NFS and SMB protocol implementations for all of these configurations.
In this role your responsibilities will include designing and developing features to allow SMB and NFS client access to a caching file system. You will be part of a team of collaborative engineers that rely on heavily on agile code review and customer awareness to solve technical problems. You will practice highly scalable techniques such as task-based programming to achieve performance goals.
- 3+ years of experience in developing commercial software using C/C++.
- BS/BA degree or higher in computer science or computer engineering.
- Experience with SMB and/or NFS file systems protocols.
- Experience with Network socket programming.
- Experience in developing commercial software using Python.
- Experience with packet capture analysis.
- Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming.
- Experience with distributed and/or highly available systems.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.