Embedded Software Engineers
Azure Summit Technology - $100,000+
Fairfax, Virginia, USA
27 Oct 2020
Azure Summit Technology is a mature, growing small business with locations in Melbourne, Florida, and Fairfax, Virginia, that develops and delivers high-performance RF hardware, firmware, and software products, and innovative, practical, multi-function RF systems solutions that address emerging missions of national importance for customers across the Department of Defense. We are a diverse team of highly qualified RF systems engineers and mission subject matter experts (SMEs) with backgrounds in electrical, mechanical, RF, hardware, software, firmware and systems engineering, working together within a creative, innovative and highly collaborative culture, to deliver cutting edge solutions for our customers. To do this, we hire people with a passion to succeed. We look for problem solvers. People who have unique perspectives and diverse experience.
Are you in?
Do you work well in a team environment and on your own as an individual contributor? Do you know how to set the bar high and achieve goals for yourself and bring others along with you? Do you work hard and play hard? Do you want to help the company succeed and build your skill set and further your career at the same time? Azure Summit Technology just might be the place for you.
What do we do?
Azure Summit Technology provides a wide range of multi-channel software defined radio solutions for applications including surveillance, emitter location, and interference cancellation. Systems can be tailored to meet a variety of requirements for bandwidth, dynamic range, number of channels, and computational resources. Supported platforms range from resource-constrained small UAVs and wearable devices to manned aircraft and submarines. Azure also offers innovative signal processing solutions to challenging problems in the realm of radio frequency spectrum awareness.
What will you do?
Azure Summit Technology is currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer. The selected candidate will be part of a dynamic, growing, cross-functional, and geographically distributed team. This position is located at our facility in Fairfax, Virginia, with occasional overnight travel to our office in Melbourne, Florida and/or other locations as needed to support customer activities. Your future team has worked together to produce the following job description:
The selected candidate will be responsible for executing research and development of complex SIGINT, EW, radar, communications, and other RF mission systems. Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Coordinating with the hardware and firmware teams as well as all aspects of software engineering, including requirements analysis and specification, software design, implementation and integration, testing of board-level driver interfaces, and kernel integration where necessary.
- Delivering software to run in embedded RTOS and on bare-metal systems.
- Engaging with stakeholders and project managers to define requirements, develop software architecture, and plan development in dynamic, evolving problem spaces.
- Conducting software unit tests to exercise implemented functionality.
- Reviewing product manuals and brochures for technical accuracy and participating in product definition activities such as feature analysis and system tradeoffs.
- Analyzing system software requirements to determine feasibility of design within performance, time, and cost constraints.
- Leading and participating in technical discussions across engineering and product teams.
- Keeping up with current technology in the field through reading, self-study, and seminars.
- Consulting with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate the interface between hardware and software.
- Performing project planning and status tracking, defining detailed tasks, estimating the time and effort required to perform tasks, and periodic reporting on task status.
- US citizenship, due to nature of the work and contract requirement
- Active SECRET clearance, due to nature of the work and contract requirement
- BS degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a real-time embedded engineer
- TS/SCI Clearance
- 7 to 10 years’ experience as an embedded and software engineer
- MS degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or equivalent
- Proficiency in C/C++ on Linux and ability to develop clean, modular code
- Previous experience with bare-metal microcontroller firmware development
- Previous experience with low-level peripheral programming (interrupts, timers, UART, I2C, SPI, ADC, PWM)
- Previous experience with hardware abstraction layer implementation
- Previous experience with microchip PIC32 microcontrollers
- Previous experience with Arm Cortex A and M based microcontrollers and application processors
- Previous experience with SoC/MPSoC/RFSoC systems
- Previous experience with device drivers
- Previous experience with software defined radio
- Previous experience designing or working with SIGINT, EW, COMINT, geolocation, or DSP systems
- Previous software engineering experience with digital signal processing, algorithm development, and modeling and simulation using C/C++, Python, and MATLAB
- Previous experience with FPGA development, including VHDL and/or Verilog
- Ability to read component data sheets and user manuals and implement appropriate control/driver interfaces
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong debugging/problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Azure Summit Technology reserves the right to adjust the title of this position depending on the candidate's education and experience.
Azure Summit Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Azure Summit Technology is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request accommodation, contact Julia Bergeman, 571-308-1408, [email protected]