- Responsible for leading the design and implementation of a major software component focused on storage hardware (drives, enclosure management, etc…)
- Analyzes customer needs and innovates ground breaking, patentable, solutions.
- Mentors junior engineers.
- Uses knowledge and skills to advocate for engineering best practices throughout the global team.
- Acts as a Consultant to critical partner teams in Hardware Development, Hardware - Quality Assurance, Manufacturing and Corporate Drive (HDD, SSD) Qualification.
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Must be able to act as a mentor and effective advocate for software design best practices.
- Must be able to communicate complex technical issues to audiences of different backgrounds.
- Expert C++, strong Python.
- Strong technical knowledge of storage hardware concepts or protocols, for instance: PCIe, NVMe, SAS, InfiniBand, SSD.
- Track record of innovation. We are looking for someone who will put their mark on the organization by driving innovation.
- A small amount of travel is expected (1-2 x per year) to our global locations.
- Good knowledge of Build and Release, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles.
- Familiarity with some Agile methodologies: SCRUM, DevOPs, etc…
Nice to Have Skills:
- Conceptual understanding of enterprise storage: NAS, SAN, RAID, JBoD etc…
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure, especially Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Technical knowledge of virtualization technologies, especially VMWare and QEMU.
- General, applied knowledge of instrumentation and measurement analysis.
- Linux systems internals.
- Windows and/or Linux device driver experience.