Apple is looking for world-class qualified Machine Learning(ML)/Deep Learning (DL) engineers to develop and integrate machine learning technologies within our Special Projects Team, focusing on autonomous technologies in a robotics environment.
- Expert in C++ and Python with a minimum of 5+ years using these languages in a ML research capacity
- 5+ years experience in (DL, statistical ML and reinforcement learning (RL)
- 3+ years of experience using ML technologies, including PyTorch, Tensorflow and SQL
- Experience researching current DL literature and the math of machine learning: optimization methods, common types of models and layers, etc.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in the field of active learning, sim-supervised learning and model-based RL
- Understanding of modern machine learning concepts and state of the art DL frameworks
- Proven ability to train and debug deep learning systems: Define metrics and datasets, performing error analysis, training models in a modern DL framework
- Experience with hardware specific optimization of ML models and deployment
- Experience with RL for real-world problems
- Passionate about building extraordinary products
- Creative, collaborative, and product focused
- Excellent communication skills — you collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work
As a member of the team, you will work on a hardware/software product enabled by the ML technologies you build. Our team pursues research & development in the areas of learning (ML) with a particular focus on deep learning (DL), optimization, and reinforcement learning (RL).
You will work on one of the most challenging technical problems of today, and develop new ML solutions that will impact and enable future Apple products. You’ll join a phenomenal team of hardworking engineers and researchers with deep experience in robotics, machine learning, and software engineering. You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products.
We hope you’re passionate about the values that drive us: - Passion for the mission: We’re here to make something great. We tackle whatever work is right for the product and strive for the best possible results. - Humility: The right answer is more important than being right. We search for solutions as a team and value clear-eyed feedback. - Lean habits: You can’t grow without limits. Time constraints and big goals encourage us to sharpen our focus and learn to make great decisions.
Education & Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Machine Learning, Robotics, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field.
If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.