The GCAD team is looking for outstanding C++ developers and Engineers to develop CAD tools and SW for latest design, methodology, technology, algorithms, and automation.
Software engineers should have experience in software development, architecture, implementation, unit testing, bug fixing and performance optimization.
The right candidate will contribute in the development of internal software and have a unique opportunity to work in a cross-functional team and collaborate with chip design, EDA, and product engineering teams, all while working in a fast-paced, data-driven company.
The engineer will develop software for design automation and reference flows, must have background in software engineering and EDA.
Provide tool support and issue debugging services to design teams.
Participate in project proposal development including key milestones and deliverables
Execute and deliver project goals in a timely manner
Resolve issues in all phases of development to assure smooth project execution
Conduct regular project technical review with internal and external collaborating teams
Strong debug skills, aptitude to learn and resolve complex issues
Contributing towards the continuous development of Tools, Technology and Flows
- Must have:
- Very strong C++ programming skills with algorithm development
- Strong in data structures
- Strong Software engineering standards including but not limited to
- Commitment to understandable code and maintainability
- Agile methodologies
- Test Driven Development
- Design Patterns
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to work independently
- Highly motivated, excellent team spirit, product and customer oriented
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge in Python, Java, Perl or Tcl languages is a plus.
- Experience with Git SCM
- Strong Linux skills
- Exposure to VLSI design concepts, logic design
- Some knowledge of CAD/EDA Tools and Flows is beneficial
- Background in Mathematics is beneficial
- Works independently and with multisite teams
- Good communication skills and personal skills in a multi-disciplinary, fast pace engineering environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Applied Mathematics
- 5+ years software and algorithm development.
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Where you will be working
Cork has a proud reputation as Ireland's second largest economic engine and is now one of the Top 20 location choices in Europe with 39,000 people being employed by over 170 overseas companies.
There's a growing diversity in the region with people from many nationalities relocating to Cork, relishing the opportunity to work and live in a location that offers an excellent quality of life.
A gateway to Europe, Cork airport provides access to almost 50 international destinations including transatlantic air routes.
Qualcomm Cork, a greenfield site based in the beautiful harbour city of Cork opened its doors in August 2013 and has been growing ever since across our QCT Engineering, OneIT and HR teams.
The Cork QCT engineering team is now over 220+ engineers strong and is continuing to expand. Our engineers work on all aspects of leading-edge technology (7nm, 5nm), including; Analog Mixed Signal, Security, Power Management, Sensors, Machine Learning, Modelling, Validation, Design Automation, Automotive and Physical Design. We are the R&D engine that benefits the world in three ways: Enabling Customers, Transforming Industries and Enriching Lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protected classification.
Employees in Cork have a strong sense of community. We are encouraged through the philanthropic endeavours of the Qualcomm Foundation to support causes that matter to us. We have programs such as Charitable Match and Employee Volunteer that sum up our spirit of giving and making an impact on our local community.
What's on Offer
Apart from working in an open, relaxed and collaborative space, you will enjoy:
- Salary, stock and performance related bonus
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- Matching pension scheme
- Education Assistance
- Relocation and immigration support
- Life, Medical, Income and Travel Insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bicycle purchase scheme
- As much Nespresso as you can handle!!!
- Free fruit every Monday and Wednesday
- Active social event calendar, including summer BBQ
- Employee run clubs, including, running, football, chess, badminton + many more