Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join the Snap team. As a member of the Cameos project you’ll help lead the way in augmented reality and will work on features to empower our users to create amazing AR experiences. You will own and drive high-level features from planning through implementation, be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle, and solve complex technical problems that will impact millions of Snapchat users daily. Working from our London office, you’ll develop groundbreaking technology at Snap.
What you’ll do:
- Design, architect, and implement efficient and robust pipelines for image processing that work on mobile devices in real-time
- Work on performance and memory optimisations and reducing application binary size
- Interact with design, mobile development, and product teams to shape product goals into software requirements
- Focus on code quality and engage in code and design reviews
- 2+ years of modern C++ development experience
- 3+ years of industry software development experience
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Experience creating developer-facing APIs and libraries
- Experience with OpenGL/Metal development
- Understanding of Linux/Unix environment and command line tools
- Mobile-related OR Java experience
- Great communication skills and ability to work in a team