C++ Software Engineer, Framework
Munich and Berlin, Germany / Zurich, Switzerland / REMOTE
17 Nov 2020
NVIDIA is seeking a Software Engineer to contribute to the Isaac robotics platform. As an engineer you are responsible for the development of framework features for example around message passing, low-latency task scheduling and execution, TCP/IPC communication, and serialization. You will also be responsible for planning and executing the development steps required to guarantee the compliance of the software with functional safety standards such as ISO 26262 and IEC 61508, according to the NVIDIA functional safety lifecycle.
For two decades, NVIDIA has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics. With our invention of the GPU we also set the stage for advances in the field of medical research, computer vision and artificial intelligence. Today NVIDIA is at the groundbreaking level to innovate robotics and intelligent autonomous machines, and there has never been a more exciting time to join our company and team.
The team around Project Isaac is building a modern robotics toolbox to create the next generation of intelligent, safe, and autonomous robots. Isaac is combining accelerated perception and planning algorithms, deep learning, and high-fidelity simulation. All with a clear path to deployment into real world use cases based on the Jetson AGX platform or cloud-based compute. Our team is diversified and spread all over the world, with specialists from over a dozen of technological fields, and together we are changing the way robots are programmed!
What you’ll be doing:
- Design new framework features and lead technical design discussions
- Write excellent code in C++14/17
- Review code of other team members and guide them through the process
- Apply functional safety software guidelines such as MISRA C/C++, AUTOSAR
- Perform static software analysis using state of the art tools
- Depending on background: Lead a cross-functional team to implement new framework features.
What we need to see:
- MS or PhD and 4+ years of proven experience
- Outstanding programming skills in C++ 14/17/20
- Confident with code review
- Proven experience in writing software for functional safety
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Passionate about establishing and maintaining software development best practices
- Enthusiastic about the C++ language
- Exposure to robotics, perception or artificial intelligence
- Thirst and ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Flexibility and resourcefulness for working in a multifaceted environment with different frameworks and requirements