The Video Computer Vision org is a centralized applied research and engineering organization responsible for developing real-time on-device Computer Vision and Machine Perception technologies across Apple products. We balance research and product to deliver Apple quality, state-of-the-art experiences, innovating through the full stack, and partnering with HW, SW and ML teams to influence the sensor and silicon roadmap that brings our vision to life. Examples include FaceID, Animoji/Memoji, Scene Understanding, People Understanding and Positional Tracking (VIO/SLAM).
This role is located right next to the mountains in at a new facility in Boulder, Colorado.
- You are Highly skilled in C++
- Experience with iOS or macOS development using Objective-C / Swift
- Familiarity or experience with C++ or Metal is nice to have
- Passionate – and holds strong opinions – on what it means to write great software
- Experience with computer vision, image processing, or machine learning systems is a plus, but not required
We work on tools, apps, and infrastructure in the area of computer vision that requires robust, efficient, well-tested, and clean solutions. You will develop software that has a broad impact for many algorithm and app teams in the augmented reality space.
This is a wide-ranging role which can include: writing apps for technology demos; developing visualization code in support of various teams; communicating with and supporting cross-functional partners; participating in code reviews; and being a constant advocate within the team for high quality results.
Education & Experience
A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience.