Spotify’s engineers are creative problem solvers focusing on building a fantastic music listening experience for millions around the world. They work together in autonomous teams that are responsible for their missions and independently identify, prioritize and solve the problems they face. If you are great at teamwork and also know how to design simple, efficient and testable software, then you’re the one we are looking for!
What you’ll do
- We are looking for a collaborative and proactive C++ Engineer that will join the Players squad, a part of the Playback tribe in Stockholm. The Players squad is responsible for providing APIs, core components (C++) and backend services (Java, C++) to enable track sequencing and playback behaviours for all Spotify clients and smart speakers. What we work on includes:
- Building and iterating on behaviors like shuffle, sorting and filtering, applying label licensing restrictions, inserting ads, transitioning between tracks, and managing the play queue.
- Enabling seamless resumption and transfer of listening sessions between different devices and at different points in time
- Interfacing with a large range of feature squads working on all the different client platforms, infrastructure and operations teams, as well as working closely with squads responsible for 3rd party integrations and Spotify Connect.
- Building and maintaining services that keep music playing around the world
Who you are
- You deeply value cooperation and collaboration with others while solving complex problems and you really want to make a difference.
- You are able to write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices.
- You care about end-user experience, high quality code, agile values, modern engineering practices, and sharing what you know to help others grow.
- You have been working for a couple of years with software development and probably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent such as Physics or Electrical Engineering
- You have strong written and spoken communication skills in English