Software Engineer - Augmented Reality
Los Angeles, California, United States
18 Dec 2020
Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people to their friends and the world. Every day around the globe, millions of people use Snapchat to communicate with friends, build relationships, play, and learn. No matter where you are or how you express yourself, it’s always the fastest way to share a moment!
Snap’s Augmented Reality team invents the immersive (and fun!) camera experiences that are at the core of our products. From developing creative new Lens features for Snapchat, to supporting the continuous growth and evolution of Lens Studio (our platform for an ever-increasing community of AR creators), to designing the cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning technology that makes face transformation Lenses possible — our Augmented Reality team is working hard on their mission to bring AR to more people, places, and moments, every day.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Augmented Reality team! As a member of the Camera Platform team, you will help build infrastructure that powers the world's best augmented reality platform. You will own and drive high-level features from planning through implementation, be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle and solve complex technical problems that will impact millions of Snapchat users daily. Working from our Santa Monica headquarters, you’ll collaborate with lens designers, engineers, and other key stakeholders to develop groundbreaking technologies and move the needle at Snap.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop Lens Studio features
- Work closely with other teams to bring your features to Lens creators
- Participate in feature planning and creating technical specifications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Great communication skills; ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of Qt Framework
- Understanding of Linux/Unix environment and command line tools
- BS in a technical field or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of industry C++ development experience
- 5+ years of software development in industry
- Experience with modern C++
- Technical leadership experience
- Experience creating developer-facing APIs and libraries
- Experience with rendering APIs such as DirectX, Metal, Vulkan or OpenGL