Do you love solving complex customer problems?
Microsoft understands the complexity of work management and is committed to providing software and services that help our customers manage through all of that complexity. Project and Planner are key to our company’s long-term work management strategy and our engineering team delivers a range of customer-ready apps and services at scale while working to ensure we deliver a coherent task experience spanning all of Microsoft software and service endpoints (Dynamics, ToDo, Teams, etc.).
We are a vibrant and friendly engineering team within the larger Office organization. We are agile, continuously shipping, and passionate about delivering software experiences that delight our customers. You will work with talented team members who care deeply about collaborating in a fun and supportive workplace, and you will have an incredible opportunity to learn and grow.
The Project and Planner team is seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to be a part of the team responsible for our core Project Scheduling Engine, Windows Project client, and portions of Project Management Cloud Services. As a part of this team:
- You will work on delivering a highly reliable, secure and performant scheduling component underpinning Microsoft’s Project Management Cloud services.
- You will also be working on Project Management Cloud Services and Windows Project Client application.
- You will work with Program Managers and designers to get the right feature defined and then design, code, test and release.
- You will use customer feedback to drive improvement and innovation in our products and ensure that customers are succeeding with our software and services.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Applicants should have 5+ years of working experience as well as a passion for C and C++, for solving complex problems and for delivering quality results.
- A Master’s degree (or a Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of work experience equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of working experience writing code in an object-oriented programming language such as C++, C#, Java, etc.
- Strong customer empathy and willingness to learn.
- Experience collaborating across teams to deliver complete features and end-to-end customer experiences.
- 5+ years of working experience with coding in C and C++
- 5+ years of experience creating, releasing, and evolving large commercial software components or products at scale.
- Experience monitoring your work via telemetry as it gets deployed across desktop and web endpoints.