Software Engineer, Professional Services
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
26 Jan 2021
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to be responsible for the design and implementation of Qt based software solutions. Other responsibilities include architectural reviews, training and troubleshooting. You will work closely with our customers to help them solve their problems and ensure that they will succeed with their Qt projects.
You should have excellent Qt, C++, QML and object-oriented programming skills, along with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of strong software development skills, especially C++, Qt and QML
- Solid software architectural design skills
- Exceptional debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Resource-constrained device experience in the embedded or mobile space
- Graphics and OpenGL development experience is a plus
- Prior experience with open source communities and development is an advantage
- Good understanding of agile development principles is an advantage
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven
- Ability to help customers and describe and draw technical solutions on the spot
- Dedicated team player with the ability to closely engage with Qt employees throughout the organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar
- Some travel necessary
The Qt team and Qt technology is helping industries to build next generation solutions for cars, futuristic dashboards for ships, analyse satellite images, visualize meteors, create design with 3D, save lives through medical devices and sense movements with IoT devices. And this is just a start. These are only a fraction of areas where the Qt technology is used.