At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar London is on the lookout for a talented Physics Programmer who possesses a passion for developing cutting-edge physics and collision systems, using them in creative and novel ways. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of London.
WHAT WE DO
- We iterate toward the perfect blend of realism and fun in how games feel to play by utilizing the core physics engine.
- We implement a variety of physics-based systems including, but not limited to vehicle dynamics, water, destructible objects and rope.
- We support the design, AI and gameplay teams to be able to use the physics systems in order to create novel new mission, AI and gameplay mechanics.
- Support and collaborate with other departments such as design, animation & AI, to implement complex game features.
- Help maintain existing vehicle systems and expand them to support new features throughout the lifetime of our projects.
- Work with artists to create new interactive objects and vehicles for the game.
- Physics, mathematics, computer science or equivalent degree.
- 2+ years game programming experience or relevant demos/code samples.
- Ability to work with artists, designers, coders and other content creators to make sure they can get the most out of our technology.
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Demonstrable experience in C/C++.
- Knowledge of rigid, multi body simulation and Newtonian mechanics.
- Strong maths skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an emphasis on debugging C++ code.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- A video show reel demonstrating your creativity and flair for gameplay programming, preferably with an emphasis on utilizing physics.
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics.
- One shipped title; preferably on the Xbox and/or PlayStation consoles.
- Familiarity with existing physics engines.