Zoomies help the world connect — and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure - revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
The Zoom Async Communication (back-end) team works on high impact projects that serve hundreds of millions of users every day. Cool, right! To work for such an Internet service with high scalability and high performance demand, you will be exposed to / learn popular internet stacks such as NoSql (HBase, DynamoDB, Cassandra), REST, Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon S3, etc. You will have the opportunity to work on a team of extremely talented engineers to create and own a very challenging service with Silicon Valley's suite of popular tech stacks.
As a Senior Software Engineer (C/C++), you will have the opportunity to work across our stack, developing software ranging from Web Server to business application layer for our distributed, cloud-hosted backend.
What you’ll do:
- Designing and implementing (C/C++) features to improve the backend system
- Bringing up our web-based system on server platforms
- Designing and implementing web servers APIs
Skills you have:
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, EE, with at least 5 years (MS) or 3 years (Ph.D) industry experience
- Proficient on C/C++, could write performant, robust applications
- Large scale internet backend experience
- Linux development experience preferred
- Familiarity with security (KPI) is a big plus
- Familiarity with Kubernetes is a big plus