For its Production Studio at Annecy, Ubisoft is looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join a team now working on a AAA game.
Eager to learn, you dig into the code base and engage communication with users and teammates to build a strong and broad understanding of the technology. You are in direct contact with end-users (game designers, technical level designer, animators…) and bridge the gap between them and the technical solution. You anticipate technical issues facing the team, you propose and implement solutions to address them and meet feature expectations.
- Player centric and proactive, you participate in designing content prototypes in collaboration with the Design team.
- You’re the interface between teams (game designers, level designers, UI, animators ...) to ensure that technical constraints and opportunities are properly considered in the production process.
- You participate in the architecture, design and implementation of the gameplay code following the Game Design intentions.
- You find from existing technologies and innovative approaches the improvements allowing to achieve the best gameplay quality
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Several years of experience in C++ programming in the game industry or software development.
- You are passionate about the video game industry, its technical aspects and high standards.
- Proactive, autonomous, fast learner, team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with client/server code architecture, multithreaded development.
- Experience on existing game engine such as Unity3D, Unreal, etc…
- Good working knowledge in spoken and written English.
You are known for your team spirit, your technical creativity and your talent of programmer. You have a strong sense of communication and ability to popularize technical information? You are the candidate we are looking for!
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy!
Please submit an English written resume and all personal/professional work or portfolio website.
bisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development