Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Our team is growing as we continue develop new features for the Sky Q STB. This could include working on browsers and App SDKs, REST API services, Voice Search, App managers, Bluetooth devices and a variety of analytics and telemetry engines.
“This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented and growing team that delivers new features and Apps for Sky Q customers.” – Steve Boardman (Head of Sky Middleware)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We need to expand the team to develop new features for the Sky Q STB. This could include working on browsers and App SDKs, REST API services, Voice Search, App managers, Bluetooth devices and a variety of analytics and telemetry engines.
- Working with an experienced and talented team of Engineers.
- Enhancing browser support for Apps such as YouTube and Spotify.
- Working directly with third parties such as Netflix to integrate SDKs.
- Developing and integrating RDK Components.
- Working with the Analytics team to extend performance and quality metrics.
- Given the opportunity to propose and specify new features for the Q Products.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Strong C / C++ (preferably C++ 11)
- Experience of Linux on an embedded platform / CE device
- A preference for software development in an Agile environment using TDD
- Work experience relating to a STB/DTV product (DVB/MPEG-2)
- Understanding of the network stack (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP 1.1), REST API, JSON and GNU toolchain (particularly make files and cross-tools)
- Knowledge of Qt
- Web Browser development (eg QtWebEngine, Blink, Chrome V8, Webkit)
- Audio/Video streaming fundamentals (eg MPEG4 / HLS / MPEG-Dash)
Group Product: We’re the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband