AMD is looking for a Senior Firmware development engineer for the exciting role of driving the design and implementation of BIOS / firmware stack that enable AMD Server and Embedded platforms. You will work closely with product management, business verticals and technology groups during product definition, define architecture and design system management solutions. As part of an experienced engineering group with highly-talented engineers, you will help define and drive implementation of Firmware solutions to enable cutting edge AMD technology.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with Platform team to bring-up the BIOS and BMC firmware during SOC bring-up
- Work with Silicon teams and platform design teams for enablement and verification of all IPs in the Silicon
- Design and drive platform BMC firmware solutions to cover targeted Enterprise Server vertical domains with strong emphasis on best-in-class features, performance and quality.
- Work closely with software engineers to provide direction and planning into design and development of firmware for IO devices and Server System Management
- Technical and Project management of Vendor deliverables and Enablement aspects of the project.
- Influence and support software engineers with design reviews, code reviews, and licensing reviews for open source as well closed source code offerings.
- Train and enable Applications Engineers and FAEs on software solutions with focus on AMD differentiated features and technologies
- Support external partnerships to facilitate business growth within and across verticals.
- Provide product and technology feedback and consultancy into Enterprise product management, Enterprise Server Systems and SW efforts, and AMD technology and product planning
- Work on software POCs (Proof of Concepts) for early enablement of new technology.
Education & Technical Qualifications
- Bachelors / Master in engineering with 5-9 years of hands on experience in BIOS / firmware development
- Strong board and silicon bring-up experience
- Prior experience as a technical architect in leading a team of engineers and managing third party vendor deliverable for system management firmware and BIOS
- Implementation experience of IPMI stack on Base Board Management Controller firmware
- In-depth knowledge in with Server System Management technologies like KVM, - Remote system management features
- Thorough understanding of Server Architecture for x86/ARM, IO internals, system buses like PCIE/SATA/USB/I2C/SPI, I/O Subsystems
- Prior experience in board bring-up and trouble shooting
- Strong C/C++ development skills with a good understanding of object-oriented design
- Good written and verbal communication skills, should be a quick learner and a team player
- Good knowledge of Linux internals, especially dependencies of Operating System on the BIOS and Firmware.
- Experience customization of the firmware for different platforms & features
Prior experience in customer facing / applications engineering role will be a big plus