Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI vehicle runtime team helps to make self-driving systems build the vehicle ecosystem that supports the development and operation of our autonomous cars. Our goal is to provide a cutting-edge engineering framework on top of a distributed, always up-to-date, safe and secure real-time platform and operating systems.
Members of the runtime teams work at the core of the vehicle software ecosystem. The challenge is to develop mission-critical, complex and scalable software with great passion and attention to detail when it comes to performance, robustness and to stretch capabilities of both high-performance and constrained environments.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop the software for Argo’s vehicle runtime system
- Contribute to the implementation the real-time and safety critical runtime core on which key functions will be performed
- Be a key contributor to the team’s code base and ensure it is aligned with the needs of our customers and the highest quality bar
- Work closely with other teams to ensure timely delivery of project goals
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Deep expertise in modern C++ (at least 6 years of professional experience)
- Solid understanding in middleware technology, distributed systems, network programming and multi-threaded applications
- Experience in real-time systems programming and usage of real-time operating systems
- Solid experience with POSIX and micro-kernel based architectures
- Strong cross-team communication skills and very customer driven
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience in runtime/middleware development.
- Experience in software development for embedded systems.
- Understanding of the basics of safety-critical software development practices.
- Familiarity with Python, Bazel, DSLs, model-based development.
- Knowledge of networking frameworks such as DDS, nanomsg, or similar.
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives.