As a software engineer, you will be working on developing next-generation Linux Endpoint Detect and Response (EDR) security solutions. Your input will be crucial to the success of our strategic mission to build industry-leading products that give the most consistent, reliable and effective security experience to our customers. You’ll collaborate with architects, management, quality engineers, product managers and other stakeholders to design and build innovative solutions to modern endpoint security problems.
You will be working as part of a strong local software development team as well as with engineering teams across the globe. Your input will be crucial to the success of our product development work.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Plan, design, and develop Linux Endpoint Security products and features that are deeply integrated with the Linux operating system and run on a wide variety of Linux distributions (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE, Amazon Linux, etc.)
- Help develop solutions to detect anomalous endpoint behaviour, analyse, report and take appropriate actions, This will require having first hand experience in developing products for Linux-based endpoints or equivalent, and In the field experience of major Linux distributions, like Red Hat, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE Linux,etc.
- Work directly with security researchers to determine how to provide visibility of activities on the endpoint. This will require having first hand experience in developing products for Linux-based endpoints or equivalent, and In the field experience of major Linux distributions, like Red Hat, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE Linux, etc.
- Ensuring that the endpoint security solutions are always up to date will require experience in evaluating changes to Linux distributions and implementing changes to respond to changes in upcoming Linux distributions is essential. and the automated provisioning, upgrading, and patching of Linux distributions to reduce manual efforts.
- Automated provisioning, upgrading, and patching of Linux distributions to reduce manual efforts - Therefore this will require hands-on experience with shell scripting and preferably another scripting language like Python or Perl.
- Provide direct, honest, and constructive developmental feedback to achieve high performance and career growth
- Work with compliance/security to ensure that software development is done in line with best practices and standards
- Experience with C++ development in user-space, system, or kernel-level development on Linux and a solid understanding of Linux OS architecture.
- Modern C++ Design and familiarity with concepts introduced in C++11,14,17
- Expertise in STL and Standard C++ library
- Experienced with both Object-Oriented Analysis and Design techniques and Templates & Generic Programming
- Windows Internals and Win32 Programming; Native API experience is not critical but is an advantage
- Familiarity with Git, Jira, Confluence tool-stacks.
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of industry security challenges desirable but not essential
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.