What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
A proficient Operating System developer with strong Linux & Windows Server technical skills. Take a primary role working across organizations with application and solution engineers, Linux engineers, upstream kernel engineers, and other developers in the organization.
- Modify open-source software to take advantage of AMD EPYC architecture.
- Working across the Linux and open-source ecosystem, engage in development opportunities to expand the AMD EPYC footprint.
- Additionally, leverage Windows Server and Hyper-V skill set resulting in an excellent out of the box experience for customers. Be a part of our Datacenter Ecosystem and Applications Engineering (DEAE) team as we continue to expand our reach across the OSV, ISV and IHV ecosystem.
- Excellent skills in C, C++, Python Scripting, Linux Scripting,
- Prefer prior experience with: x86 server architecture, Linux kernel work, Virtualization (Hyper-V, KVM), Windows Server 2019 debug
- Prefer familiarity with: general Computer Architecture concepts and silicon features; Microsoft Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems (RHEL, SLES), virtualization software (VMware) and certification processes for each of these environments; I/O drivers; stress testing
- Plus understanding and experience with: different frameworks and subsystems in Linux responsible to control power, performance, and thermal; benchmarking suites used to determine platform capabilities; managing Linux-based devices on commercial/enterprise environments; working with platform firmware and services (UEFI/ACPI), Linux kernel API, and other interfaces used by Linux systems
- Along with a degree, at least four (4) years of proven experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject areas
- Master’s Degree (MS) preferred