Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
We are looking for Master/PhD Degree (preferably from Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics & Statistics, Earth and Space, Aerospace Studies and Mechatronics), and who are passionate about coding and building perception software systems for autonomous driving. Such systems include 3D object detection, segmentation, localization, classification, regression and prediction, as well as 3D scene understanding, and sensor fusion and tracking, using both deep learning and classical machine learning techniques and multiple sensors such as LiDAR and camera sensors.
This role involves working closely with experienced researchers to participate in the design, implementation and deployment of state-of-the-art perception algorithms and processing modules. The role inherently involves iterative algorithm training and performance evaluation using publicly available datasets, Huawei’s own labeled datasets, and live on an autonomous vehicle. The role includes the possibility of publishing on top tier conferences such as CVPR, ICCV/ECCV, IROS, ICRA and NeurIPS.
- Possess a PhD degree or Master degree in computer vision, machine learning, computer science, mathematics, automation, preferably with 2-3 years of work experience or have equivalent research experience.
- Have good publication record, i.e. tier-1 conference/ journal articles such as CVPR, ICCV/ECCV, ICRA, IROS, RSS, NeurIPS, AAAI, CoRL.
- Have 3+ years experiences in research on designing and applying deep learning algorithms, and relevant libraries and frameworks: PyTorch/Tensor flow/Caffe/OpenCV, etc.
- Have solid programming skills, proficient in C/C++, Python, Matlab and other programming languages.
- Have good team cooperation spirit, as well as communication and coordination ability.
- Have the following experience priority:
- Autonomous driving R&D experience.
- Leadership or management experience with a R&D team for prove of concept deliveries.