Intel Internet of Things Group - Vision, Markets and Channels (IOTG VMC) is looking for a connectivity and communication technology leader who will be a member of a virtual engineering team with members from Internet of Things Group (IOTG), Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) and Artificial Intelligence Products Group (AIPG) to work on design studies, projects and execution to the defined deliverables.
This team will be a rolling and evolving effort (spiral development) with the dedicated engineering team moving between scoping new projects and executing on existing task order projects.
As a member of an engineering team, you will engage in design study pathfinding to move projects into execution. You will work on architecting IoT connectivity solutions, developing systems software, building POC's, testing and validating Pilot projects and support deployments. Some of the initial technology areas to investigate involves Artificial Intelligence, Smart Cities, Cyber-Security, Edge computing, Mobile Edge Analytics, Connectivity (WIFI, BT, LoRa, and Zigbee), 5G Networking and Software Defined Radio (SDR).
- Define strategic technical direction for proof of concepts by engaging multi-functional organizations across Intel to meet task order requirements.
- Document the requirements from stakeholders and ensure that documentation meets stakeholder requirements.
- Work closely with Public Sector Architect and cross-organizational pathfinding team to drive support of the government customer.
- Communicate with internal teams to ensure use of most pertinent Intel technologies for meeting stakeholder requirements.
- Drive the development of prototypes, demos, software development vehicles.
- As required, lead a virtual team of architects and engineers to determine future use and insertion point for POCs/Technologies.
- Must be open to travel- 10%-20%
This position involves work on a U.S. Government contract which may impose certain security requirements. The government may require that you certify your citizenship status. If you are not a U.S. citizen, the government may require you to pass a security check before you can be approved to work on the project. Please note that any offer by Intel for this position is conditioned upon meeting and/or passing the U.S. Government's security check requirements should the government impose these requirements.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering with 6+ years of experience in the following areas or a master’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering with 4+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Embedded RF system software development for mobile devices.
- C/C++ programming experience with an emphasis on embedded systems and OOD.
- Python programming with hands-on, in-depth knowledge of relevant tools and framework.
- Linux operating system and computer system architecture.
- Authoring, editing and presenting technical documents and proposals.
- Agile software development methodologies and practices.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience working on multiple concurrent projects
- Power and performance optimization experience for multimedia and wireless platforms.
- Knowledge of Intel Architecture and Processors.
Inside this Business Group
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.