The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Drivers Team builds the libraries and tools that developers use day-to-day working with MongoDB. Our mission is to increase developer adoption and satisfaction by providing a reliable, enjoyable interface for developers and other end-users.
Our engineers are typically specialists in a particular programming language, but are capable of contributing to projects in other languages as well.
For this role, we're looking for someone who will enjoy designing, writing, and supporting Open Source libraries and tools for C++ developers that use MongoDB.
You might be right for this role if you...
- Have substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software in C++ and C
- Have deep knowledge of the C++ ecosystem, especially with regard to building high-performance database applications
- Are passionate about writing and designing idiomatic C++ APIs
- Have participated in Open Source software development and/or communities
- Can make pragmatic design tradeoffs, balancing features, maintainability and delivery time
- Communicate well, internally and externally, both in writing and face-to-face
- Lift the skills and expertise of those around you
- Are excited by our mission and values
You'll be on the team responsible for...
- Developing and supporting the MongoDB C++ driver, collaborating with peers in our distributed world-wide engineering team
- Investigating bugs and support requests from commercial and Open Source customers for the libraries and tools our team maintains
- Mentoring junior engineers, in both technical and non-technical professional skills
- Working with our Product and Server teams on designs and specifications for new customer-facing MongoDB features
Success in this role means...
- Within three months, you will be contributing effectively day-to-day, fixing bugs, and implementing already-planned features
- Within six months, we will look for you to contribute to the roadmap for our products and lead the design and specification of new features; you'll have the trust of the team and our internal customers
- Within a year, you'll have delivered several new releases of our software, will have significantly improved the quality, performance and maintainability of our codebase, and will be taking the lead in designing new features to solve novel customer challenges