We are seeking a C++ Development Engineer with a passion for physical play!
You will join our awesome Creative Play Lab (The LEGO Group) team who develops great software for enabling our designers to realise their vision.As a Play Development Engineer, you will be part of a new and exciting team to bring new experiences to the LEGO System in Play. With your creative thinking and software development skills, you will shape the future of play for children as part of our ambitious plans to make the best of digital and physical technology.
- Develop systems that facilitate great play experiences in partnership with our LEGO designers and helps them to realise their vision.
- Champion thinking about the best user experience first.
- Make use of the latest software and hardware technology to make new and exciting experiences for children.
- Be hands-on in prototyping and development as part of an agile software team.
- Develop tools that promote fast iteration to allow you and your team to find the fun.
- Drive software quality as part of everything you do and by applying a continuous delivery mindset.
Play your part in our team succeeding
Creative Play Lab exists to invent the future of creative play for LEGO. We focus on many things, including bringing new technology to meld the physical and digital worlds. This role is an opportunity to define the architecture and systems to drive a very exciting project that will be part of LEGO’s future.
In Creative Play Lab, we’re a diverse group who build the play experiences for the future. We work under an agile framework to discover new ways to play by converting unmet needs, technology trends and the LEGO values into consumer value.
We have a long and proud heritage of bringing interactive toys to market and believe that there is an even bigger opportunity to reach kids who want to play in more diverse ways.
Building on the successful collaboration with Nintendo which brought you LEGO Super Mario, we are exploring interactivity more broadly and need a great gameplay engineer to develop systems our designers can leverage to do so.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
- Hands-on experience in a Software Engineering role
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++
- A champion for modern software engineering practices.
- Full lifecycle experience developing and architecting software from prototype to production
- Experience and a passion for play, making systems that promote fast iteration to find the fun.
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly and apply creative thinking to finding great solutions and drive them to completion.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team where you enjoyed being the technical expert and enabling others.
- Experience with modern AI techniques
- Experience in embedded system software