Ultra is launching an innovative PC games distribution platform, combined with a full gaming app ecosystem. Ultra offers a highly integrative user experience and new business models for developers, gamers and influencers. Our goal is to unify the fragmented gaming industry around one platform.
The combination of cutting-edge technologies we use (including blockchain) enables Ultra to aggregate all gamers’ activities in one place: from buying, playing and reselling games, to accessing live-streaming platforms, tournaments, reviews and contests, as well as interacting with communities and brands.
Our team is currently composed of 60+ full-time members, working across 5 continents. To learn more, visit our website: https://ultra.io/
Ultra is looking for a mid/senior EOS blockchain developer to join our growing team. This is an exciting project that will involve challenging problem solving and architecting a solution from the ground up.
In this role, you will design, implement, test and deploy EOS smart contracts and plugins meeting specific business requirements. Build, launch, and maintain a blockchain that serves millions of users. As a team, you will be responsible for maintaining and updating smart contracts and plugins deployed on-chain and ensure their availability and security. As a technical expert, you will be expected to be on the cutting edge of technology, bringing new ideas and performing proof-of-concepts of solutions to improve the existing system (code quality, maintainability, performance, ...)
- You are passionate about using your technical skills to deliver amazing user experiences.
- You enjoy learning new and emerging technologies.
- You are pro open source, do not like to reinvent the wheel, you are proactive and a great team player.
- You are attentive to potential security vulnerabilities, constantly strive for improvement, like to get out of your comfort zone.
- You are excellent at problem solving, critical thinking, and collaborating. Finally, you thrive in a startup environment!
- High C++ level - minimum 5 years working experience
- Previous experience with EOS
- High level in algorithms, programmation
- Architecture knowledge
- Analytic mindset, project oriented, good priority management
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, transparency
- Fluency in English
It's great if you also have:
- Previous blockchain experience
- Knowledge of the blockchain technologies
- Previous experience, or interest in the gaming industry
What you will do:
All our services require highly scalable server architectures (+1mil concurrent user) where blockchain will ultimately impact all our infrastructural choices. Ultra could be considered as a multitude of smaller sub-projects, each having its own team leader. Your ability to advise and collaborate with multiple sub-teams simultaneously will define our project's success. You will work with offices all around the world, working remotely will be part of your daily routine.
- Develop EOS system smart contracts, EOS plugins, work on our Crypto Wallet solution.
- Help our blockchain partners in optimising the public testnet and mainnet.
- Evolve with blockchain technology and research into new tools/plugins/dapps/standards.
- Monitor and troubleshoot production issues. Jump in conceptual high level and low-level designs.
- Share your knowledge with colleagues and other teams, mentor junior hires.
- Participate in PR reviews with other engineers and offer feedback on issues – architecture, design, system integration, performance and availability.
- Participate in Backlog grooming, daily meeting, retrospective and sprint review.
- Design and implement efficient test coverage. Write technical documentation.
At Ultra, you will:
- Learn every day and be involved in many exciting projects.
- Explore how blockchain will ultimately affect our infrastructural and backend choices.
- Have the opportunity to grow with an ambitious and fast-paced company, on an innovative market.
- Have a lot of autonomy to put into practice what you advise, to set up new processes, and to share and implement your ideas with the team.
- Join an enthusiastic team and take part in Ultra's international expansion.
- Work with passionate colleagues in a multicultural, open-minded environment