Are you an inventive, inspirational mobile graphics engineer? Become the lynchpin of our Mobile Graphics team and your passion and ability influence will be key in realising the future.
Meet and collaborate with hard working people across the world; engineers, QA, technical authors and many others seeking success, including industry partners in world famous companies. You will be part of a team chipping in to runtime performance, implementing new graphics features and advocating for Mobile perfection across the global organisation, drawing upon your knowledge and experience.
Mobile graphics is exceptionally exciting; with hardware close to modern consoles, the potential is boundless. We squeeze the hardware, while navigating thermal limits, throttling and battery life. The goal is to empower millions of Unity developers to build successful games played by billions. Over 50% of mobile games are powered by Unity: in no other role will your impact be greater.
What you’ll be doing
- Contributing to Unity engine and Universal Render Pipeline adding improvements and bug fixes
- Maintaining knowledge of graphics; mentoring and sharing knowledge. Finding opportunities to improve the quality of graphics technology for our users
- Participate in roadmap planning; focussing on specialities, but also with regard to the larger picture in proposing improvements
- Advocate for mobile graphics and methodologies within the global R&D group, demonstrating both insight and influence
- Collaborate in crafting quality documentation and detailed automated tests
- Engage in meetings within the team, company and across the industry
What we’re looking for
- Understand mobile GPU architectures (e.g. Apple, Arm and Qualcomm) and Tile Based Deferred Renderers generally
- Detailed grasp of GLES3, Vulkan or Metal, standard methodologies for performance, shading languages (e.g. MSL, GLSL, HLSL)
- Graphics profiling and optimization; Apple tools, Renderdoc or Arm’s tools welcome, applied knowledge of this experience in the field of real time graphics
- Knowledge of 3D math, graphics algorithms and excellent C++
After Covid-19 is settled; visiting various Unity teams, industrial partners and attending conferences (max 3-4 weeks per year)
You might also have
- Comfortable in a globally distributed team
- Familiarity with other graphics technologies (e.g. DirectX; APIs and Shading Languages)
- Hands on experience implementing graphical effects within Unity or other game engines
- Crafting authoring tools for technical artists within games or related industries
- Cross-platform development experience, including console games industry
- Proven skills with C#, Objective-C and/or Swift