We are looking for a dedicated and well organised Senior Software Developer, with a passion for developing innovative software solutions and delivering new products in a dynamic environment. If you value flexibility around working arrangements, opportunity for career development for yourself and others, and pragmatic support then this role is for you. The position will be based in our office in Belmont, Perth.
As a senior software developer in the Software Kernel team, you will be responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of core software components in the Vehicle Measurement software. You will report to the Software Kernel Team Lead and work alongside 10 other team members in different locations around the world including, Perth, UK, and India. Our work is solution and systems Engineering, working together to design and realise product solutions through the whole PLM lifecycle: sales, concepts, bids, design, manufacture, testing and customer acceptance.
Areas of Responsibility
- Design and implementing software solutions
- Maintaining existing software
- Task estimation, and delivery of software within project timeframes
- Ensure your code meets coding standards, participate in code review and the continual development of the team principles.
- 5+ years of commercial C++ experience
- Strong design and implementation skills
- Experience with SVN and GIT
- Excellent problem-solving skills and core developer knowledge, e.g. algorithms, design patterns, data structures etc.
- Excellent communication skills, able to discuss a wide range of topics with all members of the organisation
- Self-motivated with a drive to succeed
- Problem-solving and multitasking
- Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Physics or equivalent
- Software development in a Linux environment
- Unit testing
- Exposure to standards and documenting designs to comply with those standards
- Embedded software development
- Working in Agile development environment
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive, and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options