We are looking for enthusiastic engineers to join Arm, and help shape the future of technology and collaborating in the development of next-generation media accelerators that fuel billions of devices world-wide.
As a Software Engineer - System Modelling, your main role will consist in proposing and modeling different approaches and technologies for future media accelerators (e.g. GPU, video accelerator, image signal processor or display processor). The models are used to evaluate different approaches, predict performance, bandwidth and power for future products and are important for deciding on products to develop and providing marketing with material for customer discussions.
A key area of focus for the team is data compression, in particular of images, and a successful candidate will be a part of the team developing real-time memory compression technologies for use with media accelerators developed by Arm and partners.
Joining an experienced, multinational development team, you will work on leading edge technologies, directly contributing to Arm future media accelerators.
What will I be accountable for?
Your main responsibilities will be to propose, model and evaluate different approaches and technologies for future products with a focus on how different accelerators cooperate with each other and with the host CPU. This is a role working early on in the product development flow, contributing ideas and results before the products are fully defined.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Excellent programming skills, like C, C++. Python, Java
- Knowledge of modelling frameworks like GEM5, System C
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture
- A working knowledge of statistics/data science and data compression technologies
- Be able to work efficiently alone as well as in a team environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and diligence
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.