- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
The Listed Sales and Trading team is a diverse and inclusive technology team. We are responsible to build and manage some of the most critical trading platforms of Morgan Stanley. We are working directly with our institutional clients (sales and trading desks, external clients) to help manage and transfer their risk.
Our massively scalable software and systems cover a wide-range of asset classes, from traditional equities cash, derivatives, ETF, FX, to large part of Fixed Income, commodities, bonds, swaps and cross-asset instruments. We support fully automated low-latency order handling up to highly complex manual and customized workflow required by some of our advanced users. We develop cutting-edge systems that are transforming our key business and enable transactions to occur in microseconds.
While our infrastructure is mostly written in C++ and C#, we are building services in Java, .NET Core, C, KDB, Python and Typescript. We are open-minded about our technology choices, leverage and contribute to open-source and cloud technologies.
We are not only invested in our clients but also our people. We strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow and have a healthy work-life balance. We have a casual work environment and a number of social activities.
Who We Are Looking For:
Our work is always client focused, our developers are problem-solvers and innovators. We are looking for an exceptional developer to deliver our next generation Fixed Income eRates and eCredit services while being cloud-centric, leveraging micro-services architecture and aligned with our DevOps and Agile strategies. We are looking for someone with systematic problem- solving approach, coupled with a sense of ownership and drive.
The successful candidate will be able to influence and collaborate globally, adapt in a fast-paced changing environment. We are looking for someone who is a strong team-player, has an entrepreneurial approach, creative and who will push the boundaries while managing risk appropriately.
You will be a developer on our next-generation eRates/eCredit platforms, leveraging framework from outside Morgan Stanley but also some developed by other groups. You will work in refining and delivering on our hybrid-cloud strategy, leverage first-in-class infrastructure available within MS and outside the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, STEM or equivalent practical experience. Strong Computing fundamentals including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Experience with software deployment technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of open source server platforms (Redis, Kafka, ElasticSearch)
- Broad Understanding of DevOps tools and technologies (Git, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Experience with public cloud deployment and tool chain
- Experience with web standards (REST APIs, Web Security Mechanisms)
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Montreal, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Knowledge of French and English is required.