Interested in joining our team? At EA Madrid - where passion for sports is only matched by the talent on the ground - we are looking for passionate Software Engineers, along with other disciplines, to play an essential part in developing the next installments of our Madden franchise. We are offering a 6-month contract with potential extensions through an internship agreement with an University/Studies Centre
The Challenge Ahead
Our software engineers are faced with daily challenges that involve physics (from collision detection to complex physical reactions), advanced rendering techniques (from complex 3D math to hardware shading), artificial intelligence (from path finding to scripting), optimizations (from complex algorithms to hardware specific changes) and more.
What a C++ Software Engineer does at EA
Specifically, we are looking for Software Engineers who will write specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as: Networking, User interface, Scripting Systems, memory & performance optimization.
The next great EA C++ Software Engineer also needs
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Math skills
- You will need to adapt to changing project requirements and feedback
- You will learn new technologies, platforms, and game areas
- Have completed personal game or domain expertise projects independent of school
- And of course - enjoys working (and playing!) in an environment with the latest technologies.
- C++ is a must have.
- Scripting Languages.
- C# knowledge.
- Python is advantageous.
- Multithreaded processing
- client-server architecture
- Object-oriented programming
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
We offer a 6 month contract length in which you will learn from the most experienced Software Engineers in the videogames industry.
It would be necessary to sign an internship agreement with your University or Business School.
A high level of English is mandatory.
Don't Just Play It – Create It!