In this role, you have the opportunity to
Get to know that the average heart beats about 100.000 times daily.
And that more than 7 million people each year die from coronary heart disease – so, innovation, prevention, diagnosis and treatment is critical to reduce this number and improve the life of the patient.
At Philips IGT-Devices we are working on industry leading solutions helping clinicians on deciding, guiding, treating and confirming the right therapy for each patient in real-time during image-guided therapies (IGT).
Are you an enthusiastic Software Developer in the medical devices or medical equipment industry looking for the next challenge?
If the answer is “yes” Philips IGT-D might have the opportunity you are looking for!
You are responsible for
Philips IGT-Devices is looking for a strong C++ software developer to contribute to our intravascular imaging and functional measurement consoles. The consoles team main goal is to de-risk technical designs in an early stage and demonstrate this with early prototypes as well as finalizing these applications and bringing them to the market.
The successful candidate will be a software developer who has a proven track record of C++ software development.
Senior Software Developer:
- Business knowledge: Has a very good awareness on business context and products. Understands clinical/application domain and systems.
- Technical Knowledge: Expertise in multiple areas of the system, expert in some area.
- Partners: Software CoE, clients, partnership with subcontractors (e.g. discuss contracts), System designers/ architects.
- Innovation: Able to generate new solutions from vague problem statements. Full ownership for creating requirements.
- Freedom to act (level of influence): Across Teams.
- Impact and Magnitude: Can impact own and other teams’ results
You are a part of
A very driven international multi-functional R&D team of the business unit Image Guided Therapy Devices. Your local team is in Best, The Netherlands, and you will collaborate with other teams globally. Thereby making it a multidisciplinary international endeavour, where flexibility is key. Read more about our cardiology solutions via our site.
You will report into the Group Leader Advanced Development, Consoles R&D, IGT Devices.
We collaborate in an open and informal way to drive exponential business growth at the intersection of innovation, entrepreneurship and passion - delivering cutting edge technologies that solve century old health challenges with greater speed, higher quality and better accuracy for individuals and families around the world. Join us!
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree in computer science or relevant technical degree;
- 5 years experience developing high-tech medical software devices incl. regulatory processes;
- Excellent programming and design skills in C++;
- Familiar with advanced and product development processes for medical devices;
- Familiar with Scaled Agile Framework;
- Empowering continuous improvement;
- Strong in removing impediments;
- Strong in collaboration with a broad variety of stakeholders.
Additional skills include/are a pro:
- Building and maintaining strong software competencies and quality;
- Proven track-record of deploying strategic software initiatives.
In return, we offer you
We believe that every mega growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, our leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
- A competitive salary package incl. a variable bonus - based on Philips' results and personal performance;
- A holiday allowance of 25 days per year and the option to purchase up to 20 extra days annually;
- An extensive set of tools to drive your career, including a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- A healthy work-life balance.