At SUSE, we are passionate about Open Source and we are major contributors to many upstream projects. In our daily work, we value creativity and innovation, while staying focused on delivering business results. Our engineering team is a global team from almost all continents. SUSE has a wide field of advanced technologies, and offers developers with an open and curious mind a great opportunity to apply, grow, and enhance their skills.
We are looking for a software developer to join our Desktop team. Once on board, you will be surrounded by a team of expert developers and QA engineers and be put in close contact with our diversified global engineering teams. The job covers the whole process of software development for SUSE Linux Enterprise and openSUSE Desktop/GNOME products - from writing new code to fixing bugs as identified and requested by customers. If you are adept at troubleshooting and strongly Linux development backgrounded, we would be thrilled to have you around. And if you are keen on learning and open to ask questions, you will fit right in!
- Bachelor's degree in CS/EE or equivalent and 3 or more years of related work experience
- Strong experience developing with C or C++ on Linux
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Chinese and English
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Experience working with open source communities
- Experience with open source Desktop environment (GNOME, KDE, icewm, XFCE etc.)
- Experience with GNOME desktop core components (GTK+, gnome-shell, GDM, clutter)
- Experience packaging in RPM format
- Experience with openSUSE Build Service