Principal Software Developer C++
remote in Germany, Spain and United Kingdom
21 Dec 2022
he Autodesk Look Development team is looking for a principal software developer. Be part of a team that develops industry-leading digital content creation packages and help customers create the films and TV shows that you love to watch, and the games that you love to play. You will work on a wide variety of product areas and technologies while developing core software infrastructure, user-facing features, API enhancements, as well as troubleshooting and resolving technical issues. Develop and grow your skills through exposure to various VFX and Games technologies, open-source initiatives, language integrations and APIs (e.g., USD, MaterialX, OCIO). In addition to coding, you will be contributing to technical design and other aspects of the software development lifecycle.
Join us in London's bustling West End, Covent Garden!
At Autodesk, you will work within an inclusive culture that advocates and celebrates diversity and offers competitive salaries, generous health benefits, exciting career growth opportunities, and great work-life balance.
- Develop high-quality code and collaborate on technical designs
- Work with a cross-functional, agile team to understand and refine functional requirements
- Ensure new code conforms to standards and meets feature specifications
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Write and maintain automated tests to ensure that software is stable and reliable
- Minimum Qualification
- 5-8 years of relevant software development experience
- Motivated to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience with high-level programming languages (e.g., C++, Rust, D, Java, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, Lua, etc.)
Understanding of spoken and written English
- Cross-platform development experience (Windows, Linux, OS X)
- General knowledge of look development, 3D modelling, animation and rendering applications
- Familiarity with the Agile development methodology
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.