We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
As an Intern you can get hands-on experience and make an immediate contribution to AMD's next generation of technology innovations. During your internship, you will have unique opportunities to develop your career, connect with AMD leaders, receive one-on-one mentorship, attend amazing networking events, and much more.
We are looking for a Software Development Intern (f/m/d) to support our Engineering team in Cologne in various exciting projects for the duration of 6 months starting as soon as possible.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- You will develop new features or extend existing features related to source code analysis and transformation in commercial HLS compilers
- You will be responsible for continuous development, debugging and testing the code you produce
- You will be part of the development teams, writing functional, efficient, and tested code to enhance our products. We take code quality seriously.
- You will be working in an agile environment open to modern tools and processes
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- You are studying towards a Masters’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or a related field, having successfully completed your Bachelor
- You have excellent C++ programming skills
- You have experience with FPGA/ HLS tools and boards from Xilinx and solid knowledge of computer architecture
- Ideally, you have previous experience in the development of hardware IP blocks from C/C++ or HDL (VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog)
- You are fluent in English
- You have very good analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities and good communication skills
- You are a team player, who has a hands-on mentality and a desire to learn
- You are an EU citizen or possess a valid work permit. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Personal & professional development through mentoring and training
- Working on cutting-edge technology
- Networking opportunities
- Subsidized lunch and gym membership