This role can be handled full remotely in EU time zone.
Games experience will be required
Empowering players to create is an exciting future for the gaming industry. At Electronic Arts we have many examples of players creating content, whether it be a skateboard park in Skate or fantastical mansions in the Sims 4. The future definitely has our players being more empowered to create with their imagination being the only limit.
Our Digital Experiences team within marketing is focused on helping more players become creators, and are looking for a UI Software Engineer to build the player facing experience for our next line of content creation tools within EA.
You will work with an experienced team located across the globe whose focus is centred on bringing new experiences to our players for our wider portfolio. Your work will be focused in-engine, building UI interfaces for creation tools and player services. Reporting to the Technical Director of Digital Experiences, you will manage UI development in-engine to support our games pushing boundaries in the User Generated Content space.
- Develop new player facing UI features for experiences, components and tools in-engine.
- Create reusable & scalable UI interfaces in-engine.
- Write technical design specifications and map out your development approach.
- Design, implement and debug code, pipeline and other game-related sub-components and packages.
- Improve modules of the in-engine tool or experience.
- Work directly with other engineers and lead designers to ensure UI functionality is scalable and as simple as possible.
- Prototype fast iterations of UI concepts with designers to fail fast and discover the correct player path quickly.
- C++ proficiency.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience building games and desire to bring great experiences to our players.
- Knowledge of software design principles, object-oriented programming concepts and common design patterns.
- Grasp on algorithms and data structures.
- Familiar with multiple debugging techniques.
- Experience with code revision control workflow and tools.
- Experience with UI and UX development principles.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.