Broadcom designs and develops 3D graphics processors for OpenGL ES and Vulkan that are used across the range of its products in the Broadband Video Group. The 3D graphics team is looking for an experienced software engineer to join the team in its Bristol or Cambridge offices.
Developing drivers and related software for satellite, cable and IP set-top boxes, AndroidTV and TV dongles, the candidate must have a proven background in embedded software design and implementation, with some 3D graphics experience useful.
- Implementing OpenGL ES and Vulkan drivers for Broadcom 3D hardware
- Working on embedded platforms in C and C++.
- Conformance testing, triage new problems, fix driver issues or report test issues.
- Customer support, porting and creating platform tools, driver development, profiling and optimisation.
- Experience in embedded C and C++
- Working with Linux toolchains and Linux kernel driver development.
- OpenGL and Vulkan are useful, but from a 3D driver perspective.
- Android and Wayland platform experience also useful.
- Familiarity with SW development tools: git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Linux build servers for development, Jira for bug tracking.