Senior Software Engineer – Microsoft Edge Browser Microsoft Edge recently declared that it will be making the web better through more open source collaboration while Edge promises to continue to enable customers to do more. Edge has already reached 200 million customers and is taking a fresh approach to browsing by putting the end user at the center and meeting the user where they are, shipping on Windows 10, down level Windows, Mac and Android.
Do you enjoy the thrill and energy of a startup coupled with engineering rigor? Would you like to be part of an agile, learning, empowered, energetic and collaborative team? Do you believe in clean design, crafted implementation, being meticulous about quality, obsessing about the customer and innovating daily? The extensive reach of Edge coupled with building delightful everyday experiences on a range of devices offers exceptional opportunities of independent ownership, working on cutting edge technologies and professional growth.
Come join a team of highly motivated developers working on Microsoft Edge! We are looking for an individual with high standards of excellence to join our engineering team to build amazing experiences that are robust, fast and seamless. The ideal candidate is skilled at design and implementation, able to and own large architectural designs and collaborate well across mutiple partner teams.
- Skilled at design and implementation with a focus on quality
- Create layered, componentized, testable, interface-based designs
- Robust implementation and crafted end-user experiences
- Design highly performant, highly usable, scalable, world-ready, accessible software
- Collaborate across functional and partner teams to define requirements
- Own and communicate complex architecture and designs
- 10+ years of professional industry experience working on large projects
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 10+ years of C++ Windows development experience
- Effective collaboration skills driving changes at scale are required
- Excellent design, coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Experience building Windows Store applications is a plus
- Experience with Windows architecture and internals is a plus.