Research Software Engineer, Augmented and Virtual Reality
Seattle, Washington, USA
09 Jan 2020
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development work experience with C/C++.
- Experience with computer vision, imaging, or augmented reality platforms.
- Experience with building machine learning solutions and leveraging specific machine learning architectures (e.g. deep learning, LSTM, convolutional networks, etc.).
- PhD degree in computer graphics, computer vision, image processing, applied mathematics, or related technical field.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in software development, including C++.
- Experience with one or more of the following: photogrammetry, stereo depth acquisition, geometric analysis, deformable object tracking, GPU programming, digital imaging, statistical analysis and/or machine learning methods.
- Knowledge of deep learning neural networks, including TensorFlow.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Research Software Engineer, you will help push the frontier in real-time 3D human capture and rendering, with a particular emphasis on developing real-time machine learning techniques for these purposes. You will work closely with a team that combines research and engineering expertise across a range of technical areas including 3D computer vision, machine learning, image processing, and user interaction. You'll also collaborate with other groups across Google to help create ground-breaking products that will transform an industry and impact millions of users.
- Design and implement machine learning and engineered techniques to solve real-time problems in 3D computer vision.
- Plan and execute training data acquisition for the proposed techniques.
- Examine the results and provide mitigations to increase the robustness of the proposed technique.