We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
We are looking for curious and bright leaders in software development to join our navigation solutions development teams in Berlin. The experience (and future opportunities) may include coaching individuals on their personal growth, mentoring teams on their continuous improvement journey, improving organizational structure, building visions, complex algorithm development, solving scalability issues when dealing with huge amounts of static and dynamic map and traffic data, efficiently serving a rapidly increasing user base, providing the best possible user experience.
What you'll do
- Help individuals to grow
- Be a teacher and a mentor to development teams
- Be a change agent in the organization and foster a culture of autonomy
- Extend and improve our world class navigation applications used in cars, mobile devices, and server-based products
- Maintain our navigation software stack and always strive to improve design and quality of our software products
What you’ll need
- Minimum 5 years of hands on C++ programming experience and ability to make data driven decisions (you will use your expertise on the daily bases)
- Around 4 years of experience in people management as coaching, mentoring team members
- Architectural and problem solving mindset along with ability to combine technical and analytical skills
- Experience working in a self-organizing Scrum team in a scaled agile environment
- Contribute to implementing and improving agile processes and methodologies
What’s nice to have
- Java programming experience
- Knowledge of Python and cloud computing platforms
Meet your team
We’re Navigation, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. We develop software for onboard, hybrid, and online navigation applications – used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. Using a Navigation Data Standard (NDS) run-time format, our software includes navigation domain logic for traffic-dependent routing, route guidance, map visualization, search, positioning and machine learning-based predictions and suggestions. On our team, you’ll see your work transforming connected and embedded navigation around the world.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.